The name 'Troll Hammer Press' was inspired by, and is an homage to, the three magic Trollhammers of Trollhalla, and was additionally inspired by the song Trollhammaren by Finntroll.



All Troll Hammer Press content, unless indicated otherwise, copyright © Paul Ingrassia 2010 - 2014. Troll Hammer Press 'hammer' logo by Jeff Freels.



Tunnels & Trolls written by Ken St. Andre, copyright © Flying Buffalo Inc. All hail the Trollgod and his Champions of Trollhalla!

Follow Troll Hammer on Twitter!

Troll Hammer Press at RPGNow!

Friday, October 1, 2010

Welcome to TROLL HAMMER

Greetings!

Recently, my spare time interests have turned back to pencil and paper role playing games, and most specifically, Tunnels & Trolls created by Ken St. Andre.

I've been playing Tunnels & Trolls on and off since about the mid-eighties, and of all the RPGs I've ever played, it is the single one I always end up returning to. I started off playing the Corgi boxed version, which contained the 5th Edition rules in a digest sized book, a format I loved. I quickly bought up the Corgi digest sized double solos, and a bunch of solos published by Flying Buffalo/Blade, including the limited edition solo Elven Lords by Michael Stackpole. One of the best parts about T&T, at least for me, were (and still are) the solos. Eventually, I started GMing a small group, and the rest, as they say, is history. For about twenty years that small pile of books was all the T&T stuff I ever needed. T&T is that good, that flexible, and that much fun.

A few years ago, after several years of being away from rpgs, I bought the Tunnels & Trolls 7th Edition 30th Anniversary Tin published by Fiery Dragon, and most recently I bought the pdf version of Tunnels & Trolls 7.5 Edition, as an update to my T&T7E set. I like a lot of the changes in these editions of the rules, they addressed and solved some issues that cropped up in earlier editions.

I've amassed a small trove of T&T and related products recently, specifically: Monsters! Monsters! reprint edition by Flying Buffalo; The Toughest Dungeon in the World solo for T&T or M!M!, by Ken St. Andre and published by Judge's Guild back in the heyday of P&PRPG gaming; Gamma Trollworld, a post-apocalyptic setting for T&T; a 1985 special print edition of the rule book for Tunnels & Trolls 1st edition; New Khazan, a fantastic space fantasy setting for T&T written by Tom 'Kopfy' Loney and put out by Peryton Publishing; T&T Monstrum Codex vol 2; Sacramentum Gladiatorum, combat rules for gladiatorial combat in T&T; I've ordered copies of T&T 5.5 edition rule book and Power Trip, a supers setting for T&T, both from Ken St. Andre; I'm also waiting for an order from Flying Buffalo for all the Mercenaries, Spies and Private Eyes rpg material they carry, offered as a bundle special at their website; and, finally, I've got my eye on a copy of the T&T 4e rule book, but not sure about it yet.

Even more exciting, I've been working on some projects that have to do with Tunnels & Trolls, but I'll leave those announcements for future posts.

Also, keep an eye out for the eventual launch of Troll Hammer Press, but again, I'll leave the details for the future...

Due to my renewed interest in T&T, and in an effort to not clog the posts of my other blog, DECADENT BLOSSOMS BENEATH AN ABSTRACT SUN, with P&PRPG-related posts, I've decided to start this new blog, TROLL HAMMER.

I hope you enjoy your visit, and will consider following/subscribing to TROLL HAMMER.

Paul Ingrassia
Mist-Tikk Foo-all

FOR MORE INFO ABOUT TUNNELS & TROLLS, AND A LINK TO A ***FREE*** COPY OF T&T RULES, INCLUDING A SOLO AND GM ADVENTURE, CHECK OUT THE 'ESSENTIAL LINKS' SIDEBAR TO YOUR RIGHT!!

2 comments:

  1. This blog is a great idea, we need more T&T in the net. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your support José, it's very much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete